Sunday, October 17, 2010

Behind on number six

For poetry response number six I choose to read and respond to "In Blackwater Woods," by Mary Oliver. This poem showed good imagery, I could picture the woods and I could feel myself in the poem. There is a lot of metaphores and personification. The trees come to life and wood is a person itself. The whole poem is three sentences broken up into nine stanzas each with four lines, this showed how the woods are so real and how it felt being in them. This poem is from a book by Mary Oliver called, American Primitive. It is a book of collected poems by her. The poem almost puts off a melonchally tone and could make you almost feel sad or maybe just relaxed. The part I thought most about is when she says, "... every pond no matter what its name is, is nameless now." It made me realize how true that could be and how things that once mattered could simply not matter anymore. "In Blackwater Woods" is an enteresting poem.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe a little more. This is a bit simple. Try to go a little bit deeper. :) It's good practice!

    ReplyDelete