Sunday, September 26, 2010

Back in the day.

"1943" by Donald Hall is one of the poems we have decussed in class, but I feel as though it's a little hard to get my opinion out when I'm sitting there. Here it is. After reading this poem my first reactions were I felt like the poem was taking me back in the day. The war was obsorbing the men just as they got out of high school or were still in high school. Hall expresses how he felt about the war, the duties and sadness the war caused. You can really see the emotions in the poems words and style. two lines to the five stanza's is just right amount to express 1943. The poem is excellent and is one that could have an interesting antecedent scenerio. That is up for your oppinion.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you need to get your opinion out there anyhow! :) I agree that it could have a very interesting antecedent scenario.

    ReplyDelete