Sunday, September 12, 2010

Poetry response three.

This weeks poem is "Still Memory," by Mary Karr. I thought this poem was nice, and I enjoyed it. When she begans to dream about her life when she was ten I began to think about my own life when I was ten. The end wraps it all when she describes how she would write about her life as it was happening so that she could remember it. This relates to me because I was taught as a child to write in a journal or a diary. I have kept a journal for quite some time and still do. Writing helps me remember the simple things like smell, noise and how I felt. Mary does the same thing in the poem which is a dream of her writing so she could remember. It is wonderful remember the good things about being a child and how recording it can help. I should have picked this poem to share in class because how much I could relate to it and how much I enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. It does help you to remember when you keep a journal. We always think we'll never forget...but then we do!

    ReplyDelete