Friday, September 17, 2010

Repsonse to Poetry.

The Giving Tree (I can't figure out how to underline this) was my first thought when I read the poem "Lost Brother." This man relates himself to a tree that he claims is his lost brother. Everything that happens to the tree he feels happening to himself as well. I never really thought about it but trees, and nature in general, are very comforting and reliable. Trees' are useful in many ways; they provide oxgyen, a playground, shade, food, and much more. They live to be very old and are one of the few biotic things in the world. Stanley Moss is the author of the poem and he says "I am prepared to live as long as he did (it would please our mother.)" This part really stuck out to me. I'm assuming he is talking about mother nature and that makes his thoughts about being the brother of the tree so real. We are related someway, somehow.

1 comment: