Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Last weeks response


In our last poetry packet there was a poem titled Sort of a Song by, William carlos Williams, and in the new poetry packet is another poem by William Carlos Williams titled, this is just to say the title of the poem contributes to the poem a lot. The poem is three quatrain stanzas. The first stanza pretty much says, look I ate the plums in the fridge, the second one says, I think they were for breakfast and the last one says, forgive me. It is a simple poem that is just what it says. There is no punctuation or capitalization which also contributes the simplisity. Compared to the other poem we read by Williams this one is simple, the other one goes into great detail.

It was weird because I was on the phone with Monique Ramos as I was writting my blogs and I was on this one and hadn't picked a poem yet. I looked down and saw this poem thinking I may responed to this one but before making my final decision I asked her which one she is presenting to the class thinking I could do hers. She told me she was presenting the one about plums which happens to be this one. I thought that was funny so we went over it together, and she told me what she thought about how simple it is and I agreed then thought maybe I shouldn't do this one because of the simplisity. I thought about it a little longer and decided oh well if it's simple I want to do it. So here it is.


I like plums!

3 comments:

  1. That was very simple. :) But I thought it was interesting that I went to read your blog to comment, and this is also the poem that Justin and Corey presented in class today.

    I think it is one of those poems that you can't read into too much--it's meaning doesn't go much deeper than the surface. However, I do think you can generalize it (as we sort of talked about in class) to mean the partial, but not very influential guilt you feel when you take something of someone's that is not very valuable, like a plum. You feel bad for a second, but then you get over it because it tastes so "sweet," but also "cold," because you know it isn't yours to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AShlie you have amazing thoughts and you have a great way of sorting your thoughts together to make an understandable blog. It is difficult for me sometimes, so seeing the way you write your blogs helps me out a lot! i might steal a few of your techniques! also, i have not blogged about this poem yet, but the last poem he wrote, that we read, was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comments. I don't have anything else to add.

    ReplyDelete