Monday, February 21, 2011

On of the Late Ones.

Today I decided to try something different and start my blog with what I noticed about the poem just glancing at it. I haven't read the poem yet and I notice that the authors style is different the poem is one stanza with fourteen lines; this means that this is a sonnet. The title is "Praise in Summer" and it's writen by Richard Wilbur. Now I'm going to read the poem. It doesn't make complete sense right now but does create the image of summer in my head. Wilbur uses the term "I said" often throughout the poem, which clarifys that he is speaking. The poem refers to how being praisful is the way to be and Wilburs love for nature. Things won't be strange if you are praisful. A brief summary on Richard Wilbur is that he was in WWII and while he wrote poetry he also translated French plays.

2 comments:

  1. Great first glance observation. Sometimes that helps a lot to get a feel before you read it. Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how u decided to glance at the poem and see what u think before reading it. I never thought about doing that but it's a good idea :) And I always love what you have to say

    ReplyDelete