Monday, February 21, 2011

The Second Late Response.

Last week we went over the poem, "Introduction to Poetry" by Billy Collins, I had a bit to say but didn't get the chance, so here it is. We did read this poem at the beginning of the year and I realized this within the first two lines. I remembered this poem easily because I really apprceiate it and agree with it. The poem is seven stanzas with each stanza containing either one line, a couplet, or a tercet. The metaphores used in this poem are fantastic. It made me think that what we are doing right now is exactly what the poem says not to do. We are beating each poem with a hose and obviously it's what you have to do sometimes because you can't just leave a poetry response blank on the AP Lit tests. Each poem creates a light or an idea in your head and by analysing it we turn on the light or think the idea. "Waterski across the surface of a poem" I'm going to do just that and leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. I thought is would be fun to revisit this one. Glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete